You are not alone. A recent study suggests that as many as 5 million Americans 65 and over have Alzheimer’s disease. Since the US population is aging and the risk of Alzheimer’s increases with age, you can see how important it is to have the proper support and care when managing this disease.
What is Dementia? Dementia is a general term for a decline in mental ability. Dementia is not a specific disease, it’s an overall term that describes a wide range of symptoms related to a decline in memory or other thinking skills severe enough to reduce a person’s ability to perform everyday activities.
What is Alzheimer’s? Alzheimer’s is a type of dementia that causes problems with memory, thinking and behavior. Symptoms usually develop slowly and get worse over time, becoming severe enough to interfere with daily tasks. For most people, symptoms first appear after age 60. Alzheimer’s disease accounts for 50 to 80 percent of dementia cases.
What is needed? The needs for memory care are different. Current research demonstrates that the most significant things we can are physical activity, socialization, good nutrition, a consistent routine, a sense of purpose all in an environment that is safe and secure.
We meet those special needs every day by offering the following:
- A Safe and Secure Environment – Safety first is of utmost importance. Residents are in a secure area of our community. They are in our care and they are safe.
- A Caring Staff – Our experience with Alzheimer’s and dementia care is long and extensive. Our mission is to provide a place where residents may live fully and with dignity. Our staff receives regular ongoing training for memory care and is available 24/7.
- A Nurturing Environment – From our sunny courtyards to our café and library, we provide a variety of spaces to enjoy.
- Dining and Wellness – Nutrition is a big part of our care. Proper care means proper nutrition and we make sure our residents are eating nutritious and balanced meals
- Life Enrichment – We offer programs designed to keep our residents engaged physically, socially and emotionally.
Choosing the right Memory Care community is an important decision. Often times, there are conflicting emotions that come into play. We have experience with this transition and feel that assisting in this process is as important as taking excellent care of you or your loved one. We can help you through this process.
You’ll enjoy our full service Alzheimer’s and dementia care community. Our amenities include:
- Private and companion studios
- All utilities including basic cable TV
- Sun-filled courtyards and patios
- Concierge service
- Weekly housekeeping
- Professional and caring staff 24 hours a day
- On-Site laundry
- Medication management
- 3 Meals served daily
- Planned activities each day
- Transportation to medical and dental appointments
- Emergency call system
Restaurant Style Dining
Freshly prepared meals are served three times daily in our dining room. When you arrive for each meal, our staff will deliver your choice of beverage, and note your selections from the daily specials or alternative choice menu. Special requests are welcomed for individual dietary needs. Just make your preferences known and we will make sure you’re satisfied. Guests and family members are always welcome to stay. We encourage you to host your personal gatherings, whether it is for a birthday, anniversary or special surprise.
Memory Care Pricing
Private Two-Room Suite
Memory Care Floor Plans
Contact River Point of Kerrville
River Point at Kerrville is a senior living community with Assisted Living & Memory Care. Schedule a virtual tour to experience the many services and amenities available to our residents.